Yes, I know it's Tuesday! But, this weekend seems to be the one that never ends. It's like that annoying song I used to sing "This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on, my friends...." Remember that one? Ugh. Anyway, Hubs had Friday and Monday off, so we all got to spend some good time together. And then last night came and the Ice Gods thought we needed some ice. We woke up this morning to schools being called off. Yay. More quality time. And the forecast for tonight? More ice and rain with snow in the morning. So, I'm not really holding my breath for schools to be in session tomorrow either. Yay. Cue the cabin fever. There are only so much I can do to keep these precious-children-whom-I-can-never-get-enough-of happy and entertained. Arts and crafts, movie times, dress-up, playing in tents, blocks, computer time,playing beauty salon, baking, etc. It gets old. Quick.
Anywho, Saturday Avery and Ella had their very first basketball practices. Ella's league is parent-child, so I tasked out The Hubs to do that. It's only fair, I did soccer all summer- he can do basketball, right?
So, here's Ella and Daddy.
That afternoon, Avery had a birthday party to go to. I volunteered for that since Daddy had basketball duty that morning...and there was cake. Yeah, pretty sure it was for the cake. But, it was a skating party, something she had never attempted before. She surprised me and skated! I had to hold her hands 98% of the time, but she was gaining in her confidence enough to hold hands of her friend and sister.
And, by the way, it was the first time I had stepped into a skating rink since I was probably 10, and it hasn't changed at all. The same old arcade games, disco balls, loud music, and overly excited/shady DJ are still there.
So- questions for the day- what cabin fever cures do you use? I need help! Also- did you ever go skating when you were younger?

Sounds like a fun weekend! And I love Ft. Meade. We live in the Northern VA area. Great PX and commisary compared to Detrick!
ReplyDelete