Saturday, June 19, 2010

Which arm and leg would you like?


So, yesterday we got a yellow ribbon to tie out on our tree until The Hubs comes home. Support our troops!




Today, we went to A's school friend, Natalie's birthday party. It. Was. Awesome! They had a huge blow up water slide that all the kids had a blast on. It was hard to tear them away for food. Natalie's moving away and I know A will miss her. See cute pic below.




Then we went to another friend's party for their little boy who turned three. Ok, I was excited for Natalie's party, don't get me wrong, but I was really looking forward to Jake's party. Why you ask? Because they had it at the neighborhood pool. I have been wanting to go for a long time, and now was my chance. I was promised a kiddie pool and Oh. My. Gosh. did it deliver. I Love this place, with a capital L! The kiddie pool was big enough that all the kids didn't have to squeeze in and there were toys everywhere that seemed to just be community property. Those kept Cams busy as she went around to all the unsuspecting parents in the water and would talk and talk to them. And as long as they stayed in the water, she was there with them. I guess it's a good thing how out-going she is, but it worries me a little too. A had a blast with her friends and E was a busy girl floating and playing with the water guns. Singing happy birthday and having cupcakes (2 for each, oh yeah, they got lucky) seemed to be an interruption of the swimming. They did not want to get out. Now, I remember never wanting to get out of a pool when I was younger. I mean, I understand it's so much fun. But now as a parent, I understand the frustration of getting the kids out. The whining only lasted until we got home where the mood was sleepy. YES! A quick bath and 30 minutes of laying watching TV and E was OUT. Poor girl, she played her heart out for sure. We had a blast and now I'm trying to figure out which arm and leg to sell to buy our membership to the pool. Ah...I can dream can't I?


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.